Wednesday, June 1, 2011

This Summer

This Summer I will connect with my siblings- helping them to grow and learn- and helping them to become the children God wants them to be.

This Summer I will fill our freezer with food for next year- cooked ground beef, chicken prepared in various way, several casseroles, muffins, cinnamon rolls and pie crusts – along with taking food to several people who need it.

This Summer I will lead a group at our church’s VBS. I will throw myself fully into the work- not slacking, not acting as if I’m too old for these things and not letting the heat get to me. I will demonstrate the love of God to these boys and girls.

This summer I will work my way through Philippians, being willing and open to whatever it is that God wants to teach me.

This Summer I will not be “afraid” of the heat and dally around inside. I will take initiative and work and play outside- working in the garden, jumping on the trampoline and biking to the library.

This Summer I will work on my “Seniors project.” (more on that later)

This Summer I will journal my life, because I know that these days go by too fast.

This Summer I will make time for friends. I won’t let my “busyness” keep me pulled away. I will reach out to them. I will talk to them. I will pray for them.

This Summer I will organize my room.

This Summer I will work without complaining. I will remember to “do everything without complaining and arguing” and “Rejoice evermore.”

This Summer I will pick a Bible passage and commit it to memory. “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”

This Summer I will grow closer to God. He is the only thing that truly matters and He is what I should be focused on. All this shall be done proclaiming “To HIM be the Glory!”

What will you do this summer? :)

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Hello! I am new to your blog and thought I would check it out!