It was so, SO good for me. I did devotions every day, established a journaling routine and got the first month of school under my belt without the lure of the laptop calling to me every 10 minutes. (okay, the computer still lured me. It just didn't win.)
So you might have guessed, I'm repeating the experiment this year. I'll be off blogs, Facebook, Pinterest and everything except 15 minutes of email a day. I've actually been looking forward to it. Last year was hard, especially the first two weeks. But the freedom and the joy that comes is wonderful. I'm excited for this year.
My goals are pretty similar to last years:
- devotions every day... 30 days makes a habit!
- Memorize Isaiah 43:1-4 and Psalm 34
- start journaling daily- or almost daily- again (summer hasn't been good for consistent journaling.)
- focus on establishing a good school schedule that works
- keep writing. I don't want my newly refocused fire to be suffocated just because I can't type.
- Get aperture, ISO, and shutter speed straight, and be able to shoot a good photo with them.
Have a blessed September!!! I'll see you in a month. :)