Sunday, May 27, 2012

And She's a Freshman {Again}

Friday, one of my bestest friends walked down the aisle and accepted her diploma from her parents. It's so hard to believe that she finally is no longer a highschooler, but instead a college freshman.

Over this past month and a year, we've made so many memories. Our friendship began in the midst of a rough time for her, but it really built our friendship upon Christ.

Let's see, my favorite memories include:

  • praying together backstage before each AGYG show... and about every hour during those weeks.
  • Writing out verses on torn notebook paper and leaving them in random places
  • long talks on the phone over the summer
  • looking for sea glass along the shore of Lake Michigan for hours
  • being in Fiddler together!
  • those really long practices where we both didn't want to move and did anyway.
  •  The way we can look at each other from across the room and tell the other's emotional state
  • Getting paired together in the Chava dance and being each other's "best friend" on stage as well
  • All the tears we've shared, all the pain we've endured, all the laughter, the smiles and the fun that has all come from Jesus Christ.
  • The extra special bond we shared on closing night...
Katherine, 
I've loved having my freshman year blessed with the friendship of you. You never fail to make my day, make me smile, make me laugh. My life has been forever changed because of you. And you know that words will never express how much you mean to me. 
Love always, 
Sunshine

No comments: