Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Life right now...

...is not going the way we had planned. 

Doesn't God like to throw in surprises and trials that seem unbearable? 

When the dark stretches out and we can't see the end- we don't know where the end is- is He still the same, the kind, living, holy God?

He is.
----------
Monday (the 26th) when my Mom was packing up at my grandparent's house, she fell coming out of their front door and broke her foot. We drove home (3 hours) and my Dad took her to the ER when we got home around 10 that night. She has a cast and crutches. and ironically, she fell at my grandparent's house in the same place and broke the same bone 7 years ago. So we are expecting the same 6-8 weeks of not walking. 
 Which means that our house is running on my dad and I. Dad is off work until the 3rd, which is giving us some time to adjust. Adjusting has been... interesting. It's hard for Mom not being able to carry anyone or anything and hard for us not to call "Hey Mom! I think the twins locked themselves in the bathroom."
So prayers for her healing and patience are appreciated. Also, prayers for my family. and I suppose the real reason I'm writing this is to ask for prayers for me. It was crazy to me how soon Satan started attacking me after I heard the news. "You know that's three meals a day and laundry for 8 people along with keeping the house clean and taking care of the twins and there's this thing called school. Oh and remember Wonka starts in 3 weeks." It took a walk in the snow to brush away the tears that insisted on coming and to say "Back away from me Satan. You shall not have this ground." The short of it is, I'm overwhelmed. But my God is good. I am feeling the peace of Christ as I strive for patience and joy. I'm not naturally a very patient person. :)

So prayer, if you can spare the time, would be wonderful.
 I'm going to try to post here sometimes, but if you don't hear from me for awhile, you'll know why. I'll be cooking supper, reading to 3 year olds and trying to grab bits and pieces of geometry during my spare time.

Thanks for understanding.

{quotes from an email I sent to my friends prayer warriors last night.}

note: if you know me personally, I would love to add you to my email update list. just leave me a comment or shoot me an email to let me know. if you don't live nearby or are not an hpa person, for privacy reasons, I won't be able to add you. sorry.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I'm praying for you and your family... I can feel for you because I'm the oldest in a large family as well. :)

May God bless you and bring you closer to Him through this trial!

In Christ,
Elizabeth

P.S. We're coming to Willy Wonka on opening night. :)

Elizabeth Joy said...

Lindsey, I'm praying for you and your precious family (especially Mom!). Love you, see you on the 15th!

Josh said...

Wow Lindsey...Praying for your family. Remember that God will never leave you or forsake you; rely on Him for the strength you need to help your family.

Blessings,
Joshua

P.S. Jenna and I are hoping to crew for Wonka if it is not too late! I am waiting to hear back from Mr. G.

Jenna said...

Hi Lindsey!

Ah yes, those are difficult trials, aren't they? I will certainly be keeping you and your family in my prayers...just in July when my Momma miscarried my 8th sibling, I keenly remember the emotional pain and exhaustion, not to mention the physical demands placed on oldest sis and mom's right hand gal...yet when the situation threatens to overwhelm, think of the incredible ministry that you have right in your own home, to the people you love best!!

Keep up the wonderful blessing that you are to your family, Lindsey, and remember that God will be your strength, your portion, your rock, your deliverer out of every difficult situation that you face. Wake up each morning praising Jesus for the opportunity that He gave you and purpose to be filled with joy amidst the testing circumstances.

Much love, sweet girl!
Jenna

p.s. Looking forward to your email, but no rush - I completely understand the busyness!!!