Saturday, September 12, 2015

Freedom {InstaThoughts}

Wednesday morning, my business professor told me, "Some people say money doesn't make you happy. That's crap. Money makes you happy. And it gives you something you can't get anywhere else. It gives you freedom."

My instant thought was "I'll take my freedom from Christ, thank you very much." As I pondered his words throughout the day, I considered how binding living by them would be, how the continual pull for "More money! More freedom! More happiness!" would drive and overtake you. How thankful I am that I don't have to live that way! What a blessing it is to be free in Christ, and to rest in the assurance that He is enough, His death is enough, that He has paid it all. We don't have to buy our freedom. He purchased it with His blood. I can never earn it, and that's the pure, incredible beauty of it all.

"Where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom." 2 Cor. 2:17


"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, 'Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.'" Hebrews 13:5

No comments: