Thursday, July 7, 2011

This is Life

People can actually say that this is not a baby. 

That this is not life.

That this is a growth.

Is that what this looks like to you??!!

I am heartbroken when I think of all the babies who die everyday.

These babies are real.
These babies have hearts.
These babies have souls.
~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't think our town was very big in the way of abortion.

I knew it happened at that dark, dismal place.

But I didn't know how bad it was.

In our own town.

Until one day,

My Mom came home from a dinner hosted by our local pregnancy care group.

And she told me.

Between 25 and 30 babies are killed every week.

In our own town.

Really??

Should this be happening??

NO!!!

But it is.

And it is something we need to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Every few months, I give money to the previously mentioned pregnancy group.

Could I use this money in other ways?

Yes.

But this is more important.

More important then that new book.

More important then that new cd.

More important then that new outfit.

This is fighting for life.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I pray on Thursdays and Fridays,

when my town does abortions.

I am praying for life.

~~~~~~~~~~~

My family does the lifeWALK.

It's only two miles long.

Yet...

We are walking for life.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Life...

Life...

Life...

This is Life.

Will you help me battle?

1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

Thank you for posting this. I am also pro-life. Those statistics break my heart and I want to do something to help.
I think I'm going to post a button for the site www.abort73.com on my blog.
If you haven't heard of it already, it's a site dedicated to promoting life and ending abortion. It has statistics, pictures, videos, and more. All for free. We used some of their videos in youth group and it made a big impact on me.
Again, thanks for posting!
God Bless!